Search the web !!

Thursday, November 26, 2009

DPP_0092


DPP_0092
Originally uploaded by Mfitton

This shot of Cameron falls in Waterton National Park, Ab. was taken on a fairly cloudy day in amongst the trees, so the light wasn't too harsh from the sun. It allowed me to slow down the shutter speed to a couple of seconds to allow the water to flow smoothly without blowing out the light parts of the image.

The lens used was a Canon 50mm F1.8 prime, which I hadn't used a lot up until this point. I'm glad I did try it, as the effect was exactly what I was looking for. I wished now that I had composed it slightly to the left to include more of the water in the lower pool, but it gives me a chance to go back again..LOL



Camera: Canon EOS Digital Rebel XS
Exposure: 2 seconds
Aperture: f/22.0
Focal Length: 50 mm
ISO Speed: 100
Flash: Off, Did not fire

No comments: